IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT THESE DIRECTIONS BE FOLLOWED. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF SURGERY.
- No highly-seasoned or difficult to digest foods the night prior to surgery.
- Nothing to eat for 6 hours before surgery. Can have clear liquids for up to 2 hours before surgery. No milk, orange juice, or tomato juice.
- Someone must drive you to the office on the day-of your surgery, car and driver must remain at the office while your surgery is performed, and drive you home from the office.
- If you have been given medication by your medical physician, that you take on a daily basis, you may take it with a small sip of water, unless specific instructions have otherwise been discussed.
- Comfortable, loose-fitting clothing is suggested.
- Please remove contact lenses, make-up, nail polis, earrings, jewelry and barrettes prior to surgery.
- It is important to have an adult with you for the entire day of surgery.